YORK COUNTY WALKS
Taking steps toward better health!
Join the Healthy York County Coalition and its 41 member organizations as we kick off...
The Healthy York County Coalition's partner organizations have created the YORK COUNTY WALKS initiative to connect with individuals and organizations for the purpose of promoting the health benefits of walking, local walking opportunities, and increasing the walkability of our communities.
Medical professionals acknowledge the health benefits of physical activity and encourage walking as an excellent option for individuals of all ages and health conditions. Many local residents are not aware of the benefits of walking (for both mental and physical health) and of the excellent places to walk in the county.
Walking regularly leads to greater health and happiness:
- Assists with weight loss.
- Helps improve mood and attitude.
- Helps with mental focus.
- Increases energy and ability to complete tasks.
- Reduces the risk of certain diseases and poor health conditions.
- Strengthens bones, increases muscle tone and flexibility.
Walking - the perfect exercise:
- Affordable (Free!)
- Pleasant and easy to do.
- Flexible and can fit into your schedule in lots of little ways every day.
- Great way to spend time with family and friends, neighbors and coworkers.
- Great options for traveling to work or school (good for your waist, wallet and the world.)
Watch this video: http://everybodywalk.org/documentary