Healthy York County Coalition
Uniting the community to improve the health and wellness of York County for everyone.
Since its establishment in 1994, the Healthy York County Coalition (HYCC) has worked to bring together stakeholders from across the community and to unite them in efforts to better York County.
Healthy York County Coalition Mission and Values
The Healthy York County Coalition is an ongoing collaborative effort to improve the health and wellness of our community. This effort is guided by:
- A broad definition of health that considers the root-cause of problems, not just the absence of disease;
- Analysis of population health through a comprehensive Community Health Needs Assessment conducted every three years;
- Development of community problem solving capacity that involves diverse participation;
- Strategies that use both long-term systems level change and short-term high impact projects;
- Focus on prevention strategies to guide residents in healthy choices, decreasing the likelihood of some diseases and improving medical outcomes for chronic conditions;
- Evaluation of outcomes.